Program Manager: Shari Miller (757) 824-2327
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) defines a process which all Federal agencies must undertake to analyze impacts to the human and
natural environment resulting from their proposed actions. The steps proceed in the following sequence:
- Proposal of an Action
- Development of Alternatives
- Public Scoping
- Description of Current Environment
- Analysis of Environmental Impacts
- Public Comment
- Issuance of a Decision
The WFF Environmental Office assists in the evaluation of environmental impacts associated with institutional and mission-related projects.
We provide the following services:
- Review new or potential projects for inclusion within the envelope of the WFF Site-wide Environmental Assessment (EA) or other existing analyses,
- Assist in the preparation of Records of Environmental Consideration (RECs; click here for a template) for projects that fall within the envelope of the Site-wide EA,
- Assist in the management and/or preparation of EAs and Environmental Impact Statements,
- Coordinate public and regulatory comment process and attend public meetings,
- Assist in ensuring that all required environmental permits are obtained, and
- Coordinate NASA NEPA training for relevant project personnel.
For a list of projects at Wallops Flight Facility involving NEPA, please visit our documents page.